Connecting your Oracle Database with Castodia
In order to run queries, you must set up your Oracle database first.
To connect an Oracle database to Google sheets, follow the steps below:
- Create a new Google Sheet.
- In the toolbar section, click on "Add-Ons" to access the Castodia Database Connector.
- You will see two options as you hover over the add-on: launch and settings. Click "Settings."
- Type in a name to help identify your database
- Click the drop-down menu to access the Oracle database
- Gather and enter your database connection information. There are five components needed:
- Database Name
- Click the "Test" button to run the database and verify your credentials.
- A green notification indicates the add-on was successfully installed. A pink notification indicates that there may be an issue with the installation. If that is the case, please reach out to our support team.
- Click "Save"
And that's it! Enjoy running your queries.