Go to the G Suite Marketplace and search for Castodia. You can also click here.
You'll need to gather and enter your database connection information. If you are unsure about how to get it, a good place to start is to contact your IT, engineering, or analytics teams to help you get this information.
If you just want to test our product without a database, you can click on "use demo credentials" to use our live database. All the required information will be automatically pre-filled and you can click "Save".
If you're stuck, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you. Our technical support team would be more than happy to chat directly with someone in your team to set this up for you!
Here's the information you'll need to gather:
If your database is closed, you'll need to get your IT or engineering team to whitelist our IP: 18.104.22.168
1. From the Menu, click on Add-ons > Castodia Database Connector > Settings
2. The Castodia Settings sidebar will open with a form where you will first have to authorize the add-on with Google. Click on Authorize and follow the prompts to authorize.
3. You will automatically be redirected to select the account you want to authorize. Please select the account you want to use with Castodia.
NOTE: If you are not redirected automatically, please click on the "Login" button to Enable auto-refresh. If a new page is not opening up, you may need to temporarily allow pop-ups from your browser settings. Also, if the authorization fails, you may also need to change your browser settings to allow third party cookies (please make sure you are not in private browser or incognito mode). Once you're finished with authentication, you can change your browser settings back.
4. Once you select your account, a confirmation screen will appear. Please review and once you're ready, click "Allow" to complete authorization.
Once you've gather all the necessary information and authorized your account, now it's time to connect to your database.
5. In the same Settings menu, click on the Database tab. Click on "Add New" to add a new database connection. Type in all your information in the available fields (see screenshot)
5. Click Test.
6. If Test is successful, click on "Save" and you're done!
Click here for a full tutorial on how to set up your database.
1. From the Menu, click on Add-ons > Castodia Database Connector > Launch
2. Paste your desired query (e.g. SELECT * FROM film LIMIT 30)
3. Click the drop-down menu and decide whether you'd like to overwrite or append the data
4. Click run and wait for the data to load onto your Google Sheet
5. To save the query for future use, enter a query name (mandatory) and description (optional)
Try Castodia free for 14 days, no credit card required.